A field EMS supervisor oversees field operations which include providing care and ambulance transportation by emergency medical technicians (EMTs), paramedics, CCT-RNs, and CCT-RTs during transportation to and from hospitals, Skilled Nursing Facilities, or other recognized healthcare facilities. The operations also is engaged in the provision of 9-1-1 ambulance service and ambulance strike team and single-resource deployments. The field EMS supervisor provides leadership, logistics support for these operational activities. The field EMS supervisor upholds and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Valid California Emergency Medical Technician Certification card
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification Card (or printout)
- Valid California Drivers’ License
- Valid California Ambulance Driver Certificate (DMV DL 61)
- FMCSA Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC), Form MCSA-5876
- DMV K-4 Driver Record Report (must not be older than 30-days)
- High School Diploma, GED, or California Certificate of Proficiency
- National Incident Management System ICS 100 or IS-100, ICS 200 or IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 Course certificates
- Hazardous Materials Awareness FEMA IS-5 and AWR-358 DL Course certificates
- Los Angeles County EMT Expanded Scope of Practice Module (prior to field assignment)
- Ability to obtain a City of Los Angeles Ambulance Permit (upon appointment)
- Sucessfully pass the company-provided OCEMS EMT Accreditaiton Course
- Ability to obtain an Orange County Ambulance Driver/Attendant License (within 30 days of appointment)
- Demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills
Before you apply:
Click the Helpful Hints button below for links to external websites that provide additional details on several required items for this position.
Submit your applicaiton:
Once you have everything you need to start your application, click on the button below to begin your application process.