A Critical Care Transport respiratory therapist (CCT-RT) provides care to patients with complicated pulmonary disease processes requiring ongoing assessment and interventions during transport between healthcare facilities. The CCT-RT must manage patients on transport ventilators and CPAP and are accompanied by EMTs or RNs based on the acuity of the patient.
- Valid Unrestricted California Respiratory Therapist License
- Valid California Drivers’ License
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification Card (or printout)
- American Heart Association ACLS, PALS Certifications
- DMV K-4 Driver Record Report (must not be older than 30-days)
- Two years of RT ER or ICU critical care experience with patients on ventilators within the last 18 months
- Ability to demonstrate the required qualifying experience by presenting one or more written verification of employment document(s) from previous employer(s) to include a wet signature from an authorized individual of the employer’s human resources department.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills
NOTICE: On August 12, 2021, the Health Officer of Los Angeles County issued a Public Health Order requiring all EMS workers to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before 9/30/21. We are required to comply with this order. Therefore, we are now requesting applicants’ to provide proof of vaccination, or proof of a qualified exemption, at the time of the conditional offer.